Old 07-22-2011, 07:54 AM
charity-crafter

I went to talk with my doctor about feelings of fatigue, inability to lose weight and various other symptoms, one of which was low labido...we talked about a lot of things. He puts down low labido for everything in my chart and the labs not mentioning anything else discussed and sends me for hormone check up-which I've had before to see if I'm hitting menopause. Insurance declined saying they don't pay for anything sexual....What?

Turns out low labido is not a covered problem and the doctors' office wouldn't change the code for the inurance company because the doctor didn't write anything else down.

That one visit would have cost me out of pocket over $600. I called, the lab agreed to charge me the uninsured rate-wich was way less, and the doctor tried to charge me $150 but I had a letter from the insurance company stating I did not owe the doctor anything because they gave service without pre-aproving.

So I lucked out and got it under $200. I changed back to an HMO after that.

You have got to really pay attention the bills and what your policy covers, down to the fine print. It's so very annoying.