View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 09:48 AM
justflyingin

I'll be going to the states in September for two weeks. While I'm there I'd like to invest in a few more rulers. I have one 6.5" square, a 3" longer one and two more 22" (approx.)--one is 5.5" and one is 6" wide (I think).

I've found I would really like a 3.5" square (for squaring up HST) and probably a 4.5" square. What other ones do you find yourself using a lot? I really don't need a LOT of gadgets. I'd much rather use the money on fabrics as I've managed quite a while without so many fancy rulers and special equipment beyond the mat and rotary cutter and a few rulers--but I usually use one of three.

Also, are any of the mats REALLY self-healing? I have June Tailor (the blue mats from Walmart that are/were pretty cheap) and they work as mats, but they do get ruts in them. I've read here that some claim the Olfa actually self-heal. Is that true? Does that mean that they go on indefinitely without needing to be replaced? Really and truly? It's hard for me to believe, but please tell me if that's true. Since I don't live in the USA anymore, but come back to visit once in a while, it would be worth it to me to invest in one that actually does self-heal. They are much more expensive here in Poland.

I'd like at least a few of your input.