Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 AM
desertrose

Originally Posted by mammaof5
feline fanatic I love that idea! Thank you so much! I didnt know I could machine and hand stitch the same quilt. I know I can probably do the SID on the diagonals I think I would also like something on the green border strips. I have NO idea how to hand quilt so not sure about the hearts yet. I do have a local friend that does LAS but I really want to try this myself. So can I quilt what i know I want and then add more later if needed? Can I stencil more design after my quilt is together or do I need to have it all stenciled before I begin?

Remember this is your quilt and you can do whatever stitches wherever you want on your quilt. We have no Quilt Police on this QB. We love to see the quilting ideas of everyone. Who know you may show us all some new ideas to use on our quilts. You certainly have blown us away with your quilting ability so far. Don't ever feel shy about asking questions this is how we all learned. When classes offer sbjects that peak you interest, take them, you'll be surprised what ideas you may come away with to incorporate in your next creation. Don't feel bashful to use ideas from one quilt pattern and combine them with another pattern. There are many sites for tutorials right here on the QB that are free for you to use. Welcome again.