Old 05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Skeat

Originally Posted by camillacamilla
I was working on a Mariner's star quilt, with the background being black/gray fabric to imitate the nighttime sky. My Dh was not meaning to be negative, and he thought the workmanship was lovely..BUT he had never seen a quilt with so much black, and said it looked evil. lol. Okay the evil part is funny. Him saying he didn't like the colors has kind of made me lose interest. I know it only matters what I think, but I just can't get my interest back in it. Do I just shelve it and go onto something else, or force myself to complete it?
First I have to say I don't want to 'rain' on dh's parade of color ...but, 'black' makes your stars pop! If you want a subject to really pop and show off, put black behind it...:)Maybe he has a phobia over sharp objects...tee-hee....ignore it...move forward! I took a quilt in that I appliqued using invisible thread and a blind hem stitch...(my favorite stitch to applique with)and was told that it looked like 'cra*' and 'why did you do it that way?!' ............I could have come home and hid in the closet...but, I have to laugh for this gal, which is her thing, is still stuck in the 70's and likes to stitch the pooh out of everything....like satin stitches only....not my thing. Just ignore it...and, tell the poor man, 'ignorance is bliss'...(on his part):)SKeat