Thread: New to Board
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Feathers

Originally Posted by 2K
More about me? Well...I am from out west. My home there was a lovely, large, brick building. It had the cutest little rooms, each softly padded and all white. I would have loved to have made my own room a bit more personal, but I wasn't allowed to have sharp objects back then.

At any rate, the gardens surrounding the home were plush. The beautiful foliage provided such cooling shade. It was while I was laying in the shade there that the idea crossed my mind. Suddenly, I knew I should explore what was on the other side of that very large, wrought iron gate.

Once outside the gate, I was on a great adventure. Eventually, I met and married Prince Charming. (Okay, so it WASN'T Prince Charming, but back then I believed what other people told me!)

For many years, we traveled a lot, always staying one step ahead of the paparazzi. (That is what they call those annoying guys in the white coats that carry nets, isn't it?)

For the past few years, we've found peace and quiet here in the boonies. We haven't seen even one of those paparazzi since living here. Things calmed down so much we've taken up quilting just to pass the time.

We have a few furry critters. Not quite sure as to the count anymore. Last time we checked, it was 30 deer, 1 fox, 23 turkeys, 2 Yorkies, and 2 cats. (Not sure where that second cat came from, but we think the paparazzi might have sent it in to spy on us. We're still trying to locate the camera on the cat.) That's all there is about us. We're boring.
K2: Welcome. We're glad you found us. Have to comment that your mom and dad sure COULD have given you an imagination while they were making you...your life description that you call boring sounds pretty darn fun to me. Welcome. I think you'll enjoy it here and I promise, no poparfazzi's or camera packin kitties here. Just us hens and an occassional rouster hangin in and learning quilting tips and things from each other. Glad you're here.