View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Nanamoms

I checked my local CL this afternoon...first chance I had to get on computer. There was an ad posted today that simply said Remodeling Sale". There was a list of various items--nice things and "antique Singer sewing machine". Ok, first I send an email and then I decided to just call the phone #.

It rang and rang, then an "older-sounding" lady answered and I kept saying "hello?, hello?" and she finally said "hello. I told her I was calling about her CL ad about the antique sewing machine and she simply said "un huh?" (keep in mind this is the South). I waited to see if she was going to say more... I then asked "can you tell me a little bit about it??", there was a another pause and then finally she said "I can tell you that it's been sold!! I almost burst out laughing while I was still on the phone with her. I just thanked her and hung up!!

I bet she had a terrific sense of humor!! Now makes me wish I had actually met her.

Now, sewbizgirl, if that was you that came and bought that machine in Brandon, I'm coming after you!! :)