Old 07-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Terricat

Originally Posted by intoquilting
I think you were right to take it back. Maybe you should ask for the wedding quilt too.
That's what I was thinking too! I was hoping you were going to say you would also take that wedding gift quilt and exchange it for a 'store bought' one, and then just give her a $20 gift certificate and be done with it. I would LOVE to be making blankets of all sorts of colors and themes for wedding gifts or baby gifts. My husband is the oldest of 10 children, and there are 35 Grand-kids, and 9 Great-Grands. I do not make gifts for any of them any more, I quit many years ago when I got that same "OH" response. And NONE of these in-laws or spouses are interested in any kind of hand-made crafts of any kind, except OUR oldest grand-daughter. Her mother has her in 4-H and thus the introduction into sewing, and she can decide whether she wants to learn more about it, or not. She does have a lap quilt WE made together over Christmas vacation and Easter weekend. I understand she is done and ready to turn in to 4H leader and then county fair. I have pictures which I will post later.