Old 07-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Xylie55

Originally Posted by irishrose
I hate AC and hate the house the closed up, but this week I haven't complained. My doctor called to make sure I had the air on. It's pretty bad when they know you that well. I have several hereditary heart defects, a MVP and congestive heart failure. Humidity and I do not agree - so why do I live in Michigan? Just worked out that way. If my parents had stayed in Northwest Iowa, I think it'd be hot, but not as humid.

Xylie, I saw a T-shirt in the Phoenix Airport. Two skeletons were reclining under a cactus. The caption said, "But they say it's a dry heat." Over 100 is hot, with or without humidity, but humidity makes it harder to breathe.

We have some talented people here - MJ is a writer, Nancia, a painter and reads in Latin, Pam an actress/singer, Xylie, a jack-of-all-trades. Hopefully we are all quilters. Most of us are mothers - a talent all in itself. And wives - another talent. I failed that one after 42 years. Teachers - another special talent. Didn't fail that one.

What is your talent?
That's funny!but true,When it's super hot,it does takes your breath away.It will cook an egg and your bare feet.I have seen a lot of people 'dance' down here if they run out barefooted,even for a second to say hi to somebody..We done it many times.When you hit the rocks or even the dirt,you start hopping!And we know better.LOL!