View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 06:35 AM
QuilterMomma

I found my Mary Ellen Hopkins book I won on a challenge she did about 10 years ago and working on few blocks from there. I am learning how to decifer blocks on their measurements. She breaks everything down to using half square triangles. There is a bit more piecing, but it is fun to do more complicated ones. I just did one for my monthly partner and it had 64 pieces in it, but wow did it look great. I may use that one on some of these blocks just to perfect the technique. It even came out perfect on the 12.5 unfinished size. These blocks are coming out this week, bought my stamps ahead of time so can just fill out envelope as I do them. Not sure which to do first, so will just grab from the box and go. I have a doll quilt to quilt today after teaching my class, child to bank for new checking account and cc and debit card, then off to drop off resumes. Should be home around 5:00 p.m. and will get on that then tomorrow fun piecing blocks. I just got an antique quilt in to quilt on the longarm. Love quilting the dresdan plate pattern. Well, off to work. Thanks for listening (reading) to me and have a great day everyone.