View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 08:48 AM
flowergirlWard17

Hello Everyone!

I received these blocks from my sister-in-law who doesn't quilt. I am looking for the original pattern. Some of the ladies here have already drafted the pattern on their EQ programs, but I am still looking for the source.

The blocks have been signed by many of their makers. I believe this was a block-of-the month swap or a special group block project for a quilt guild or church group, because one of the blocks is signed and dated with the following inscription: "Made for Margaret Griffiths and her grandchildren in 1994 by Julie Nodine".
One of the blocks had an old address label stuck to the back - so I'm writing a letter and sending it out today asking for more details on these blocks and how I could contact Margaret Griffiths or any surviving grandchildren.

I have about 40 blocks - enough for 2 queen sized quilts in my setting idea I drafted OR two twin quilts to give back to the intended recipients and one queen size or 2 twin size for me to keep.

Some came to the dance with "Dates" and some came "Stag". I had fun matching them up.

If ANYONE has any ideas on the source for the original block please let me know.

I will post some more pictures and pictures of my ideas for setting next. I have a title for the quilt - "Square Dance" - and I have some ideas on how to set the blocks. I plan on grouping them together in square dance sets around a center medallion. I plan on using blue chambray work shirt material, light blue "white Collar" work shirt material, and red-and-cream country homespun for borders. I want to use a plainer background material to set off the different colors and details of the blocks.

For those of you who are drafting this block on your own, I will only add as an addendum that many of the boy blocks have 3-D folded triangles as "collars".

Enn the flowergirl

I love the guy in the cow shirt and funky pants.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36198[/ATTACH]

I am floored by these details such as the baseball bat and the lizard in the boy's pocket!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]43858[/ATTACH]

All of these blocks are so different. These details are amazing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]43859[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36198.jpe   attachment-43858.jpe   attachment-43859.jpe