View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 09:53 AM
dglvr

Originally Posted by Peckish
I'm fairly certain her English will be really good. I was friends with a Swedish exchange student in high school, and my husband's family hosted a Swedish student when he was a teen. They both spoke excellent English, and my friend told me English classes were required in Sweden. (Of course, this was 20+ years ago...)

I remember reading a story a few years back about a scam going on in Japan. People were calling the vets up to schedule their dogs for grooming and to get their hooves trimmed. The vets were flabbergasted - HOOVES?? Seems that the Japanese were nuts over poodles at the time, but poodles were not easily available. So some jerk advertised and sold lambs as poodles, and the owners didn't have a clue. :shock:
Thanks. I'm so glad to hear all the feedback. I'm thankful they know English. Last year my Austrian girl on a scale from 1 to 10 on English she was a 9. This girl from Sweden on the scale is a 7. It will be interesting. I've heard they do still have to take English in school. She has emailed me a couple of times and her emailing in English is good.
That is so weird about the Poodles. I did have to chuckle though. I've never heard that. I'll have to ask my sister about that. See if her Japanese girls know about it. Well atleast those lambs had a good home I guess. I wonder how well they poddy trained :shock: