Old 07-23-2011, 11:27 AM
treadlep

They may have just googled the name of the machine and hopefully are not actual members of the board. There isn't a lot of info about this Richmond sewing machine as I found doing my research. I get that these photos of mine weren't copyrighted or anything and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were just looking for a picture like their machine. But it's very misleading to say these are "before" pictures of their machine. And like most situations in life they could have at least asked first! And if they are members they will see these posts...

Treadlep

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Bennett
Originally Posted by treadlep
Bennett: I'm not sure those folks with the CL listing for the well-used Richmond treadle are all that honest. Their "before" pictures are my exact Richmond treadle sitting in my exact living room in CA, as posted exactly on page 983 on this thread. I was gobsmacked to open that ad---and then not very happy at all!

Treadlep
Dang! I did think it was a little weird they didn't have after pictures. I would be angry too. I went back and flagged it.
it's still there - I would be upset - even more upsetting it was from somebody on the Quilting Board...