Old 07-23-2011, 02:37 PM
dollycaswell

Originally Posted by Oma63
Thanks for the great Tute. I have 2 twin mattresse to make a king size and the king sheets are way to big so this would work for.Where to buy the elasic is the question someone, please let me know?
Okay, I promised you all that I'd keep you posted on what I learned about the elastic....the best contact, most choices, best prices (also with the best service) that I've found online is CTSUSA.COM. They don't have the exact elastic I was using in Australia, but they have a 1 inch wide fold over elastic that I'm sure will work very well. It is 1" ultra soft FOE, #04F1WSOFT and priced at $21.95 for a 50 ft roll. I've emailed them again because when I tried to order it thru their website the FED EX ground charges were going to be more than the price of the elastic.

No, I don't need 50 yards to make sheets, but this elastic is quite beautiful and will work well for any other elastic projects that I have in the future that need a lovely edge. I think it's lingerie elastic. It's cheaper than anything at Joann's or anywhere else I've found, unless they insist on shipping via FED EX, in which case I'll balk and not order it.

One of you darlings offered to send me some from Australia and knew exactly the elastic I was talking about. However, the shipping/mail is still likely to be a problem. I do appreciate it, however, and will keep you in mind if this doesn't work out with CTSUSA.