Thread: Light Box
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 03:51 PM
BettyGee

I am teaching myself to do paper piecing. If I survive the learning process I do believe I will like this technique very much.

To help my super husband built me a light box. Using two picture frames, regular document type, from Goodwill at 49 cents each. A piece of transfer paper inbetween the two pieces of glass and put back into one of the frames and secured. Then he built a box out of the backing from the frames, reinforced at the corners using pickets from our garden leftovers. He used wood screws to form the box and the picture frame fits perfectly on the top. Picked up a candalabra fixture at Lowe's for $2.79 and a 40W bulb. The light lays on an old glass ashtray, yeah we still had one of those around, and voila I have a super light box.

It makes lining up the fabric with the paper pieces so much easier. It will also get use for doing applique.

I checked on buying a light box and the cheapest I found was $29.50 on amazon. So for under $10 I now have a great tool and I will keep my DH for another 47 years.