Old 07-23-2011, 07:08 PM
vintagemotif

I'm coming over to help you clean your basement!!!! :)

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Believe me, they're not that hard to find. They're out there somewhere!!
I found nearly a full set this week. It's amazing what you can find when you clean your basement. I had put a whole box of machine parts away after clearing out Mom's house, and had simply forgotten. There was a set of back clampers, a Singercraft guide (that actually looks like fun) and two braiding feet, as well as numerous needle clamps screws and many, many interesting bits and pieces. For a while, Mom, my uncle and I all were hunting machines. He had a garage full--that's where I got my 431G, my full-case electric cabinet, and several other choice bits. He quit before Mom and I did though, and moved out of state.

I should be in the basement working right now. . . .
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by tomilu
Originally Posted by Charlee
If you're looking for back clamping attachments for your 66-1 or 66-3, there's a set on ebay that's almost complete!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Antique-Sin...item56452c09f4
My word! That is pretty steep in my book.
Too steep for my pocketbook, but I don't think it's unreasonable...considering that folks change out the bars on their 66's because they can't find the back clamps...
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The back clamp attachments and items for the 66-1 are difficult to find.

Be interesting watching this one. :)