Old 07-23-2011, 07:16 PM
treadlep

I appreciate those of you who have let me know that apparently photos are automatically copyrighted and I appreciate the support. I have been very creeped out over this, although I keep telling myself it is not personal and it's just a sewing machine. The sad part is that this is the first board I have ever joined or posted anything on because I have worried about publicly posting things, however this board is supportive and it seemed safe. For those of you who have encouraged me to complain to CL I am not sure if it is possible to accomplish that anonymously and so am hesitant to take this further, even though I know it is not right to let it go. Hopefully someone will buy the machine quickly--- it's a national/Eldredge badged machine and mine is a gem even if the machine for sale isn't. Please understand that I am not dismissing anyone's advice and I'm open to ideas if there is a way to stay anonymous.

Treadlep

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Originally Posted by treadlep
They may have just googled the name of the machine and hopefully are not actual members of the board. There isn't a lot of info about this Richmond sewing machine as I found doing my research. I get that these photos of mine weren't copyrighted or anything and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were just looking for a picture like their machine. But it's very misleading to say these are "before" pictures of their machine. And like most situations in life they could have at least asked first! And if they are members they will see these posts...

Treadlep

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Bennett
Originally Posted by treadlep
Bennett: I'm not sure those folks with the CL listing for the well-used Richmond treadle are all that honest. Their "before" pictures are my exact Richmond treadle sitting in my exact living room in CA, as posted exactly on page 983 on this thread. I was gobsmacked to open that ad---and then not very happy at all!

Treadlep
Dang! I did think it was a little weird they didn't have after pictures. I would be angry too. I went back and flagged it.
it's still there - I would be upset - even more upsetting it was from somebody on the Quilting Board...

They are copyrighted TO YOU! as soon as you snap a pic its your pic and no one can use it with out your permission.
My dad was a photographer and I am an artist I know all these rules.
You do not have to file a copyright it happens as soon as you snap the pic.
I would send them a cease and desist order and provide links to the fact that it is your pic. I would also contact craigslist.

Not that you are losing out on anything but it is highly misleading and its wrong that they think they can get away with it