Old 07-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by treadlep
I appreciate those of you who have let me know that apparently photos are automatically copyrighted and I appreciate the support. I have been very creeped out over this, although I keep telling myself it is not personal and it's just a sewing machine. The sad part is that this is the first board I have ever joined or posted anything on because I have worried about publicly posting things, however this board is supportive and it seemed safe. For those of you who have encouraged me to complain to CL I am not sure if it is possible to accomplish that anonymously and so am hesitant to take this further, even though I know it is not right to let it go. Hopefully someone will buy the machine quickly--- it's a national/Eldredge badged machine and mine is a gem even if the machine for sale isn't. Please understand that I am not dismissing anyone's advice and I'm open to ideas if there is a way to stay anonymous.

Treadlep
The thing is, they're committing fraud. They are NOT selling the machine that is pictured as they said, nor is the cabinet the same one the dog chewed up. They're trolling for suckers....and will use the information that they get from said suckers to do something unsavory.... Please complain to Craig's list!
I don't think you have to worry about posting on this board...or the internet in general. You simply need to be alert to your business dealings, i.e., watch your bank accounts closely (if you purchase online) don't give your home address or phone number, meet in neutral places....resturants, stores, etc.
This board is just as safe as the grocery store...if you are a people watcher, you can find out just as much there about people as you can here.