Old 07-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Miz Johnny

All the advice on this might be spot on, but I'm betting this person is using these photos isn't trying to pull one over on anyone, just doesn't know any better. They did a search on the name, came across these pictures, and thought they'd use them since their machine USED to look like that.
Probably the best thing to do is contact them and let them know they are causing a stir, and they should not use someone else's photos to sell their item. It used to happen on Ebay all the time, although I think there's been enough complaints that most people have finally learned they can't use someone else's photos to sell stuff.
Then again, I could be wrong. . . .
Originally Posted by incoming2me
Originally Posted by treadlep
I appreciate those of you who have let me know that apparently photos are automatically copyrighted and I appreciate the support. .... Please understand that I am not dismissing anyone's advice and I'm open to ideas if there is a way to stay anonymous.
It'd definitely be a good idea to notify Craigslist as fraud is still fraud anyway you look at it.

At the easiest - flag it for removal.
If it's posted again.. flag it for removal again.
...and again
...and again

Eventually maybe they will get tired of re-posting.

You can also go to an online email service - gmail/hotmail/etc and create an account without using any of your personal information.
THEN contact the seller using that email account.
Then maybe you can say,
"Hey, I see you like my sewing machine. Although, I don't remember you taking a picture of it in my living room. Please use an honest photo as this one is under copy-write."
;)