View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:22 PM
jonniekinney

:thumbup: what a truley cheery cherry bunch of pinwheels! i've been playing with pinwheels for the past two weeks - i've learned sooo much by just doing it over and over and over again!!!! flew by the seat of my pants on the first one (mini-quilt) took me a week to get it all together, plus make myself a pattern to follow for the next go round. learned s0000 much! so, the second week i started a new one i cut from the pattern i had made - finished it in two days! i'm really getting into this now, like i have it in my blood - and have created all these new brain paths and eye hand co-ordinations!!! i jumped in with both feet this time and drug out my eight spoked stack and wack quilt cuts - i'm really steamin' now, (rumble, rumble) and i lay out the dreaded stack and wack, eight sided, pinwheel design - just like i've learned through the last week and put the two right sides together and sew, like i know i can, press, then pick up the next two peices and sew them together, with my quilting teacher sitting on my ear and whispering. . .iron, and join these two pieces if you think you're so smart and. . .they don't line up- - -the rectangle and the triangle that's supposed to cross it making another triangle to be cut off- -isn't there!!!!!
rather it's some abomination of a triangle that doesn't measure
out prop e r l y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!