Old 07-24-2011, 12:15 AM
dogpursemaker

Oh my goodness! I knew I REALLY liked my pediatrician, not only for his unsurpassed "bedside manner" with my kiddos, but for his honesty and ethics. I rarely take only one child into the office with me. If I am there due to an ill child, he ALWAYS checks ears, throat and lungs on any siblings that are there with me, and inquires about any that are not present. I pay ONE co-pay-for the sick child that had the appt. I do not ask for him to check, he just does. At the end of the visit, (no matter the reason we were there-illness or check-up), he always asks if I have any questions about anything else. Yes, I have asked questions about a different child (infrequently), no extra charge. If I have to come back for a re-check on ears, throat or whatever-no co-pay-it's just a re-check to make sure things are on track.
My PCP is pretty much the same way. I can give her a list, and she handles it all for one co-pay.
As for the well baby check, my ped always checked the umbilical stump. I guess all doctors don't care so much about their patients. Sad.
On the flip side of that, my insurance was billed by the hospital for my newborn daughter's circumcision. I notified the insurance company that I had delivered a girl, and had not had her circumcised, and they said basically, oh well, it's already paid for. :hunf: