View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by Feathers
Originally Posted by marjeet
I love that "rubbery" stuff. I have a length of it under my quilted tablecloth which is on a glass tabletop -- it prevents The Cat from using it as a slip n slide.... I also put it under the cutting mat on my cutting table. It's one of those big white ones, and the board that is the top of the table is that white-coated stuff that is slippery. This really keeps it in place. But hadn't thought to use it for the foot pedals. Cool!
All of the suggestions you all have given for using the rubbery stuff are great. I've used the stuff for my sewing machine foot pedal but I also use it under the white cutting boards in the kitchen when I'm cutting meat and veggies. The white cutting boards on the slick counter top was always a huge safety issue with me as nothing stayed put and when you are wielding a butcher knife the size of your arm, you want things to be stationary. The rubber stuff works great for stopping the movements of the cutting board. I also have a small square of the stuff that I leave on my glass cake pedastal and another that I leave in my cake carrier domes so when I put a cake on the beautiful pedastal or take a cake to a potluck it doesn't slide off the plate or slide around in the carrier messing up the frosting while in transit. Wonderful stuff...now why didn't I think of inventing it? I'd be rich!!!! :wink:
if you cut that rubbery stuff into strips and then staple it over the top edge of a plastic (or wire) hanger, it keeps the shoulders of your clothing from EVER slipping off. if you hang a small piece over the bottom wire or bar of a hanger, you can hang fabric over it and it will not slide off.