View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 04:41 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ashgrover
Many of the designs are avaliable in both size at no extra cost from some.
I agree the Embroidery Library has thousands of designs to choose from but be sure to buy a couple and test sew them first, Their designs are known to be very dense and I have actually broken needles sewing them out and then the design was to dense for most clothing. I found when I bought some different designs of the same subject from them that one sewed out just fine but other two were so dense I never used them again. Get designer's free test sew designs and sew them out save test sews to make a charity quilt. You will soon learn who the good digitizers are. Also using proper stabelizer is important to the sew out.
My machine allows me to resize designs and keep the same stitch count. I usually make the emblibrary designs 5 to 10% larger, to make them less dense. Because I make bags, I usually get the largest size they offer. When I first got my machine, it seemed like i bought every design I saw. After a while, I tapered off and now just buy designs for specific projects. Unless there's a big sale ;-)