View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 AM
girlsfour

A couple of comments:

I have worked at a Hancock Fabrics for three years. I don't recall fats being $1.24. I do think they were $1.49 though before.

I have checked the widths of some fabric recently just to see and the widths are usually about 44". I was surprised as I thought it would be short of that.

I think the big box stores are very strict with employees cutting fabric exactly what the customer is purchasing. It never used to be that way. I personally (lqs or big box) will purchase a little bit more fabric than I actually need, like a couple of inches for straightening. I think people just don't know that you can buy say 20" instead of a 1/2 a yard.

I always make sure customers get their full piece that they are buying. Always making sure that if the fabric hasn't been cut straight prior to the current purchase, I will always cut from the shorter end.

Personally I think fat quarters are just fun to collect. When I am visit a lqs, I always find something to buy, even if it's small, like a fat quarter. I love the small shops and want them to stay in business!!