Old 07-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Well, later today I'm off to my SIL's house to pick up a Whtie treadle machine. Don't know what shape it will be in, what accessories or books may be with it or even what the machine itself looks like. I noticed the base cabinet and the distinctive 'white' in the iron treadle a week ago and asked about the machine, my SIL offered it to me since she just used it as a sometime side table on the downstairs level. So, I hoping the machine will be in decent shape. I know it has been made electric 'not sure what that means yet) , but I plan to get her pedaling again. I take some pictures to post when I can. Oh - what's the best way to transport this - remove the head from the base if I can?
Congrats!! :)

What kind of vehicle do you intend to transport with? I use my Trailblazer...the treadles fit upright into the back with no problem. If it's a pickup, you want to take along a couple of blankets to wrap the cabinet, some rope or straps to secure it. If you can, remove the head from the cabinet. If it won't come out easily, then have some towels on hand to pack around the head inside the cabinet, so that it doesn't bounce around in there.
Be careful tying the cabinet into the vehicle, that old wood is fragile and can break! After the cabinet is wrapped well, tie it down only tight enough to prevent it from moving around.

Take pictures when you get home with her, we wanna see!! :)