View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 AM
dglvr

Originally Posted by olebat
We've hosted 18 exchange students. Seventeen of them were WONDERFUL. Each one, including #18, brought new joys into our home. Even though we selected students with family compatibility, once they got here, and involved with other students, they did less of the things we thought we'd share. However, we shared their new things with them, and learned even more. It's a life enriching experience. Enjoy.
Wow you've had lots of exchange students. Cool. Where were they from? This is my second. Last year I had one from Austria and this year Sweden. The one from Austria was extremely lazy (has a maid at home) but other than that she was great. I enjoyed taking her on trips. She had a map and marked all the places we went. Even though we are in such a small town she made lots of friends and really enjoyed her stay.
I would like to get one from Australia but their school year is different than ours. I would have to get one in January (I think its Jan.) and they'd do a 1/2 year of one school year and be here all summer then to the first 1/2 of the next year. I have 2 spare bedrooms so I'm going to check into it further with my coordinator. Have you had one from Australia? I can't wait for Siri (from Sweden) to get here. I'm not sure when that will be yet. I'm getting excited. I have her on Facebook so its been fun chatting with her. We don't have other kids here so they are only children (besides my dogs) when they come. Norina (from Austria) enjoyed all the attention :thumbup: