View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 AM
janiesews

I recently got a 301A and am pleased with it. I had purchased the DVD from David R. McCallum titled Those Fantastic featherweights and it has a special section on the Singer 301. I have purchased from Sew-Classic (not affiliated with them) and got a new power cord for my machine, the singer slant shank walking foot and the slant quarter inch foot and a tube of the Tri-Flow machine grease and it was $46.05. That included shipping. I have taken the machine apart and also my featherweights and oiled and lubed them. Lots of history and good information in the video. Just love it. I also had to purchase a bobbin case for a Featherweight that I found for a friend on ebay. (I love to find them for others and they do the paying part. They give me an amount they are comfortable with and I get to have the fun of the hunt and win! Anyway-I missed that there wasn't a bobbin case in it and bought one (can't find now who I purchased it from) and it was on ebay and at a buy it now price. It is probably not an original-but I had given my friend mine from one of my featherweights so she could start sewing right away and I kept the "new" one. I think with shipping it was about $42-45. Enjoy your 301. It is a good machine.