View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 08:22 AM
linken

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
First, I spend 3 hours trying to get Tink to stop pacing the floors...it was storming. Lots of thunder and lightning...so I ended up rocking, cuddling, just trying to get her to go to bed...
I just get her to lay down and was going to try to close my eyes....and my hubby yells from our basement..."We're flooding"
We have flood control...so we haven't flooded in 20 years. Our sump must have failed or the valve is stuck in the open position.

We have a finished basement...and 2 bedrooms down there, plus the family room. My husband found out about the water

hen he got up to go to the bathroom. He had about 2 inches in his bedroom, the family room rug is ruined...but I wanted a new one anyhow....but not this way.
It is now 4:30 in the morning and I still haven't gone to sleep. This is going to be a long day.
He got irritated at me while we were picking things up. I left his side and went into the other bedroom and picked up the bolt of warm and natural that I was storing in there. It is dry...I had it in a high corner. :D
When the sun comes up...the sewer cover in our front lawn that covers the flood control, will be coming up to see what the problem is. I just hoping that all that's needed is a new sump...but I don't know why we didn't get an alert that it was failing.
Oh well...the basement did need a good scrubbing...but not at 4 am.
I saw on the news that you received 7 inches of rain yesterday, no wonder you were flooded..the storm sewers couldn't handle it!