Old 07-24-2011, 08:25 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Candace
Hi again. I need help. I've already ranted enough for one day so I won't get into all the details. But, let's just say I bought a 301A today, got it home and it was missing the bobbin case. Grrrr....

So, I'm in a grumpy mood to start with. I oiled it up cleaned it all and it seems to be in working condition(minus the case). But, here's the problem. I can't get the feed dogs to lower. I can turn the knob until it won't turn anymore and I put the stitch length in neutral, yet the feed dogs continue to move. Any idea what I should do??? I guess it's better for them to be stuck in the "up" position, rather than down, but I'd like to try FMQ with it AFTER I find a bobbin case for it. Help!
Jenny at sewclassic has your bobbin case for a reasonable price - http://shop.sew-classic.com/Singer-3...-Parts_c37.htm

Thanks Miriam, but this is the price for reproductions. The originals are going upwards of $50-$80:< And from what I hear the repros. are hit or miss and can be problematic. I don't know if this is true but have read it on a couple websites.
I would call and talk to Jenny - she is very reputable.