View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Lisa T

I have been downloading these patterns, and made one block but it looked HORRIBLE, so I put it aside. Then I saw SD's really pretty block and got inspired. I cut out the shapes for 3 blocks last night and ironed them on. I will do the machine stitching at the end so I don't have to keep switching thread as much.

I am making it for my mom so I am working out of my comfort zone- she likes red, white and blue. (Her whole log home is decorated in those colors.) I myself prefer clear, bright, graphic colors, so I didn't have much in the way of fabric to choose from. But the last month or so I have been finding bags of quilting fabric at Goodwill and a lot of the fabrics were more Mom's colors. So most of the fabric in here is thrifted!

I would love to see the blocks that other people are making- I was thinking of making one for myself, too, but don't know if I am that ambitious! LOL!

This one I switched up a little bit from the original. I messed up on cutting so I rearranged til I got something that worked.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33153[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24599.jpe   attachment-24600.jpe   attachment-33153.jpe