Thread: frugalness!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I'm blessed to not have to fret about finances but I'm still frugal. I buy the cheapest toilet paper and paper products because if I'm buying it to throw away it's going to be cheap.
I shop online and only order where I can get free shipping. No gas needed. I buy only whole foods, fresh dairy, lean meats and fish, and fruit. No snacks, sodas, or package foods. My grocery bill is 1/4 what my neighbors is and we are feeding the same amount of people. She moans all the time about food prices and still buy the boxes of cereal, chips, Little Debbies, and packaged or frozen ready made foods. I make most of our bread products. I have the Roku for my TV. (cheap, one time price of ($60) for to have movies to watch on tv. You can use netfix or any other online movie service with the Roku. The services are under $10 a month. Amazon Prime is the cheapest and you get second day shipping free for any order with the movie service. DH has premium cable on his tv for sports. With money saved I am able to buy a great deal when I see it thus saving me more money. I spend money saved from bargains for things I want like fabric and quilting supplies. I can buy a big purchase and not stress over it but I feel I justify the item by being frugal in my everyday spending. DH is not as frugal. He'll buy what he wants on sale or not. LOL
We are very generous and share what we have to give. I think that is the key to having more. I pray for abundance and health in my and my family's life.