View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:31 AM
sajackson

Hi everyone...
My name is Shirley (hense the SAJackson) I'm a wife, mother, grandmother AND quilter...NOT necessarily in that order...

I have been quilting since the mid 1970's...I think my first quilt is on my grandson's bed...it is a SAD looking threadbare thing. Last Christmas I made 9 quilts for a family Dirty Santa Auction... We all had a ball - but when my DDIL commented that she couldn't find one my g.son got from another year - I decided they had too many quilts and I won't be doing it again.

I love on-line groups and friends...they are the BEST! I've met several of my on-line friends and have had wonderful friendships with them. Next month I'm going to a retreat for one group - looking forward to it!

I'm retired - or which means I have more time but less money to spend on quilting. I do have a mid-arm quilter and from time to time - do accept quilts from friends to quilt for them. It's not a business - but a hobby. LOVE my quilting!!!!

Looking forward to meeting more of you - I was in the chat room this morning and this group looks like a "happening" place.

HUGS to all
Shirley