Old 07-24-2011, 03:07 PM
karenm36

My DGD turns two in August and in October her little baby brother is due to make his arrival. In anticipation of his coming, I decided she would love to get her own little "baby boy" for her birthday. That way she and Mom can take care of the babies together. So I looked and looked for a newborn type baby that I could make. Found "Dinky Babies" on line and immediately fell in love! The creator of this line, Vicki, not only has patterns for sale (of various shapes and sizes of Dinky Babies) but she also sells kits and finished dolls. If you're interested check out dinkybaby.com.

I ordered the kit and it was the best $35 I ever spent! It came with a very detailed booklet on how to make them, the fabric for the doll, the special embroidery needles needed to sculpt the doll and a "Onesie" with instructions as to how to make a 2 piece outfit out of it. Also included was a tiny diaper and a hospital bracelet that you can attach to the doll. (I haven't yet as I'm letting the parents do that so they can put the baby's name on it).

So without further ado...here's my DGD's new Dinky Baby!! This little guy is so cute...I imagine he won't be the last one I ever make! lol! blessings, Karen

Oh, guess I better get started on a baby quilt for him, huh?! :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-231192.jpe   attachment-231193.jpe   attachment-231194.jpe   attachment-231196.jpe   attachment-231197.jpe