Old 07-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Charming

or maybe the idea of the auction came about after the request for a quilt was communicated to you....this is exactly what happened. My husband asked me to make one, then when he mentioned it to one of the lady's friends she communicated the idea of a fundraiser after consulting with Church members. The quilt has already been presented to the family (the mom) by my husband and brought tears to everybody present at the moment, and i did actually make the family just in case they decided to raffle the quilt, another wall hanging with the serenity prayer (made another post for it).

Thank you for your beautiful comment about the quilt.

Originally Posted by yonnikka
Love the dimensions you have created. You can refer to your quilt as a Fundraiser for a good cause. I sense from your posting that there was some "miscommunication" involved; or maybe the idea of the auction came about after the request for a quilt was communicated to you. The family may be facing catastrophic financial losses due to this daughter's illness. There may be additional factors not known at this time. Your quilt is so beautiful, would you consider making another to replace it? It may be calming to have another one that isn't auctioned.