View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 04:33 PM
sewjoyce

Originally Posted by sandpat
Joyce, I don't know what to tell you, only you can make the decision concerning your finances..I'm sorry it all comes down to that. I tell you, I have 12 cats..some outside..some inside...some both...all throw aways and I didn't know about this! Wow...I feed Meow Mix outside because it is cheap and I have soo many. They are mostly females though, so maybe it won't be bad for them?

Inside..I feed Whiskas to a couple and I roast chicken for my "old guy". He went off his food a few weeks ago and I was trying canned food...he finally quit eating that and almost starved to death! I started roasting chicken for him and violla' he is back to acting like a kitten. I don't know for how long..he is 13, but for now he is fine.

I sure hope things work out for your family and your fur baby. ((((( Big Hugs for you))))))
From what I've heard and experienced, neutered males who stay inside are mainly the ones who have this problem. So the ones outside are probably eating something they need that we don't give our inside cats. (mice, maybe???)

And chicken for your "old guy" sounds like an excellent choice!!