View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:18 PM
flowergirlWard17

Hey gramadona -

Do you happen to have that pattern? The pictures you posted seem to be the pattern. I need the pattern of the boys, though, because my contribution to the blocks will be the boy in blue pants and gingham shirt holding the fiddle - "The Fiddler" - in the middle of the center medallion.
If you don't have that pattern, who does? My teacher may have drafted that pattern already - if so I will do a few practice blocks and applique a fiddle on each block. I will set them on point, square them off with setting triangles, with larger triangles around the for diamond-in-a-diamond for the center medallion, and then I can get those tops put together with the blocks. I need that pattern now...
Since you are in Suisun City, are you in a quilt guild there? I ask because one of the ladies had attached a sticker address label on the back of her block, and the address was in Palo Alto, CA. So I was wondering if this was a pattern that did the rounds back in the 1990's in the Bay Area of California. I am writing that person anyway to see if she has contact info for the intended recipients. I hesitate to post their names here, I'm asking that person direct first, but if you are currently in a quilt guild, could you ask the ladies there in Suisun City if they had that pattern back in 1994? (date as written on some of the signed blocks)

Enn the flowergirl