Old 07-25-2011, 08:29 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

As some of you know many people donated quilts, blocks and tops, purses, jewery and other nice things for the Drive fore Diabetes silent auction that took place yesterday at Lakeridge golf course.

I wanted to tell you we made two thousand dollars by ourselves during the auction! I don't know how much each item went for. Truthfully, I wasn't there. I am kinda shy and hate attention, so I stayed home.

But Hubby was there and he reprsented us. He wishes to send a BIG Thanks to all who donated to this worthy case for diabetic kids.

Channel four continuously had a mini comercial for us and ESPN covered the event interview three times on the radio about us. The response was astounding from the community.

So.. Thank you Quilt board members! You are the best! And, Oh so appreciated for your generousity.

Here is a link to the donation plea thread on the board... It shows almost all of the donations upon completion.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102445-4.htm

I hope the banner shows everyone's name correctly spelled..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231546[/ATTACH]

Showing this part of the banner too just in case...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231547[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-231540.jpe   attachment-231541.jpe   attachment-231542.jpe