View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 AM
lawsonmugs
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManQuilter66
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Your tote turned out beautiful!!! Sounds like your hooked on bow tucks too. One thing to think about is making the bottom out of a medium or dark or even a busy print. The reason for doing this is when it is sat down even on a table it gets dirty sooner and shows it all. I made one with a pink bottom.I sat it on the table at a diner and got tea stains on it where the waitress just swiped a cloth over the table as we got there. Sometimes we women put our bags on the floor or even another chair by us and it gets dusty dirt on it. Just a suggestion. I love the colors and the yellow bottom.Looks very summery. You did a great job. Mary
Mary, thanks for the tip. That was one of my after thoughts, wonder if I could spray some 3M ScotchGuard on it to prevent stains and make the fabric more water resistant. I would pre-test on some of the scrap fabric leftover.
Your very welcome.I think the scotchguard would help. I also don't quilt the totes. I use plastic canvas in a sleeve for the bottom to give it strength. I put the plastic canvas in a sleeve like a pillow case.I made one with a picture of my best friend and her daughter on the pocket. This is a fabulous pattern to play with. I used heavy fusable interfacing on some of my bags and fusable fleese on others. Have fun and just enjoy sewing.Mary