View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 AM
peabee

Originally Posted by tee99
Originally Posted by cjtinkle
Another suggestion is a metal seam guide that screws into the throat of your machine. They're very inexpensive ($10 maybe?) and work beautifully. I have one for each of my machines.
Hi I like to suggest a magnet seam guide for those whose machine can't or don't have that piece available. It is very very inexpensive about 1.99 at the fabric stores. It is a lifesaver for quilters and sewers alike. It is safe for computer machines as I use it on all my machines. I found this gem about twenty years ago while I was teaching, the students had a hard time keeping the seams straight, so I tried everything like tape etc, but their seams still weren't straight. I happen to be at one of the notion sales and found this gem took it home and found that it worked better because its unmovable while sewing and it keeps the fabric on the left and in place giving perfect seams each time as well as helps you to concentrate on what you're sewing rather than if the seam is straight or accurate. I am a new quilter after 50 years of sewing and I would not attempt to piece without it.
wow, never knew these magnetized seam guides were safe for computerized machines!