Old 07-25-2011, 02:33 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by nickylsf
Here are a few pics of the Davis NVF that my DH picked up for me in San Jose over the weekend. It needs some cosmetic work but it sews beautifully. I figured out how to thread it and took a few stitches. The belt is too loose, and it has some krazing. I will use Billy's tutes to fix her up. Included were lots of attachments I have not had time to study yet. I even got the original receipt from 1919, and a history on the family that owned it.
Wow, you will love the Davis NVF for doing bindings! Also, since you have the NVF, you don't have to find the very hard to find Davis Long needles! Your machine takes regular 15X1 needles!

Thank you all for your concern about Tarzan. I have cried for a week, it is hard. I am just so angry that our housesitter didn't notice he was not drinking. Who would have thought? My vet said to always leave your sitter's with instructions to give the tiny dogs Pedialyte (spelling?)with their meals, just to be safe. These little tiny dogs do weird things when their family is gone.

And Janice, to answer your question, no Tarzan was not ill nor old. He was 9 and as you all know Chihuahua's are the longest lived of all dogs - they can easily reach 20. Our vet tried to save him, then did a bunch of tests just to make me feel better. He wanted to be able to tell me Tarzan had some condition that made him become dehydrated, but his tests were all great - he was extremely healthy, just so severely dehydrated that his blood had lost 75% of the water - it was like glue. We got back from our trip to a severely sick dog, a $1,000 vet bill and then a dead dog. Not fun. I just want you all to use this as a lesson, maybe Tarzan can save another tiny dog by you all knowing what happened to him. It is noones fault but mine - I just never thought he'd stop drinking.

Nancy