Old 07-25-2011, 05:19 PM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Janice, to answer your question, no Tarzan was not ill nor old. He was 9 and as you all know Chihuahua's are the longest lived of all dogs - they can easily reach 20. Our vet tried to save him, then did a bunch of tests just to make me feel better. He wanted to be able to tell me Tarzan had some condition that made him become dehydrated, but his tests were all great - he was extremely healthy, just so severely dehydrated that his blood had lost 75% of the water - it was like glue. We got back from our trip to a severely sick dog, a $1,000 vet bill and then a dead dog. Not fun. I just want you all to use this as a lesson, maybe Tarzan can save another tiny dog by you all knowing what happened to him. It is noones fault but mine - I just never thought he'd stop drinking. Nancy
Nancy, Sorry again to hear about Tarzan but thanks for the warning to the rest of us who have furbabies, especially small ones. I will tell you I had no idea that Pedialyte was good for small dogs 0 I learned something today. May you find comfort in your memories of Tarzan. ~ Chris