Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 PM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
SOS~~Singer 301A owners... what am I doing wrong?

I put my needle in (correct size, etc.) with the flat side to the left and screwed the screw as tight as I can. The needle falls out when I stitch and I can also pull the needle out with my bare fingers.

I will have to go back and read the directions but I am pretty sure it says, 'flat side facing left'. Yikes. I sew wanted to sew tonight. :shock: :?: :roll:
DH to my rescue!

We just happen to have purchased a second 301A a few weeks after the first one. And, lo and behold, DH figured out that my 1st one didn't have the correct screw to hold the needle in place... tightly, I might add.

The sad thing is that the person I purchased it from said she had sewn a lot of items on this machine. NOT, couldn't have. When I sewed with it, I only got to 4 stitches before the needle fell out. Sew, temporarily I am borrowing from my 2nd 301A to help out my 1st one.

The moral to this story is to buy two machines, in case you need something. So, all of you who 'need' a reason to buy more machines that need rescuing... now you have it!

:-D