Old 07-25-2011, 11:41 PM
JanTx

I just have a stashlette - not bunches and bunches of fabric, but I have one tub where I have projects bagged in large baggies. The fabric needed and the pattern are all bagged together. THese have no time line - I just want to make them.

THEN I have a crate on my worktable (that's actually the dining room table) where I put the next up baggies in the order I need to make them. Upcoming showers, Christmas, anything with a timeline. But since the next baggie isn't neeed until Christmas I also have a "just for fun" project in there just so I don't feel like I'm working. Makes sense to me!

THe one I'm working on right now turned out to be pretty boring - luscious fabric, but no challenge to the blocks. So I'd make a few blocks, then whip up a pillowcase or two (well, really four!) Then more blocks, then finish a table runner. That sort of thing.

Without this kind of plan I'm at a loss about what to work on next and I don't make nearly as much progress. Hopefully no deadlines will slip up on me this way, too.