Old 07-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Weenween

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
Saturday I finished this set of runners for my dressers. They are really long on purpose. I wanted them to hang over the sides just a little bit and they do - to me perfectly. I have been working on and off on these for the past few months and I tell you what it feels great to have closure!!

I used this tutorial http://idahoquilter.blogspot.com/200...-tutorial.html by the Idaho Quilter.

For the longer ones I changed my starting square to 8 1/2" and adjusted the lengths of the strips of course to fit that.

The big ones are roughly 94x20". The smaller ones are 51 x 16" and I followed the pattern.

The colors in the outside picture is pretty off. It washed out my purples. The ones taken inside are truer to the colors but still not quite right. The purples are much richer looking and the pictures don't show how vibrant the colors are.

I will say that I used a walking foot for the entire process. The one time I didn't, my points were getting wonky and started to drift to one side... I also drew a line across the middle of the batting to help keep my corners exactly where they were suppose to be.

This was the first time I ever used basting spray. I'm totally sold on it now. That stuff rules!!
I wanted it to hang over the sides
THEY ARE REALLY NICE THAT GIVE ME AN IDEA WHEN MY VERY SICK MOTHER IN LAWS COMES TO LIVE WITH US THANKS A LOT VERY VERY PRETTY.THIS PLACE IS SUCH A GOOD PLACE TO VISIT ON THE WWW DON'T YOU AGREE.