Old 07-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by cmw0829
I bought an embroidery machine a few months ago with the plan to combine embroidery and piecing on my quilt tops.

Then...I took an FMQ class. This is not something that I believe I will excel at. And I will not be satisfied with less than high-quality (not perfect) results.

I'm pretty certain that I've seem embroidery designs for quilt motifs that could be continuously embroidered along a border or embroidered within a square.

I came to quilting from embroidery, so my first quilt was embroidered on the machine. Of course, it was queen size and the quilting design was way too dense. More redwork than quilting. I layed it on my dining room table, with tables around to hold the weight. It did ok. I did one last year and except for one block that popped off and I didn't see it and had to pick out all the stitches - grrrrr it turned out better. I had my long armer do some quilting in between the blocks to tie it in - I think it saved me some money and was very pretty. I'll do it again for sure. The designs are so much better now.
Judi

Has anyone done this in place of FMQ? What do you think of the idea?

Thanks,
Cathy
camryn's christmas
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231858[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-231852.jpe