Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 AM
gaevren

I think a lot of people, when they think quilts, think of Little House on the Prairie and things like that. A big mish-mash of color in a very country style. That isn't their style so they say "nooooo thanks!"

Either that or the quilts that YOU like to make (the colors you love, the blocks and patterns you love, etc) aren't what they would choose so they think that if you made something for them they wouldn't like it because again, it's not their style.

I have to admit I generally prefer a very sleek and elegant style. I'm not big on cute, I'm not big on patchwork, and I'm not big on bright bold colors most of the time. I like things to be subtle and textured and softly elegant, and that's how I quilt. If I wasn't 100% sure that someone realized that and KNEW what I would love, I would also say no thank you! Not because I don't appreciate what work and love goes into a quilt, but because I actually DO, and I wouldn't want them to make something for me that might not be loved the way it ought to be, if that makes sense!

In short- it takes all kinds! :mrgreen: