View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:40 PM
quiltmaker101

A while ago Maxies2 asked me what I thought of this product, since I had just bought it, but hadn't used it yet.

Now that I have used it, I thought I would share with everyone.

I bought a book called "Fast Forward Your Piecing" that is all about how to make quilts quickly and easily with this product, and it has cute patterns, but I am disappointed.

It is very time consuming to layout all the pieces on the grid and iron them down without them shifting. Once this is done, you sew up and down every other row, then clip seams and sew your cross seams. I thought this would be a very easy process once the ironing was done. No.

The interfacing made it really hard to feed through and it left a sticky film on my machine bed that I have had to repeatedly clean with alcohol.
In addition to that, the whole thing begins to curl after you have made a bunch of seams. I actually sewed part of it to itself and had to rip out, which made more of a mess.

I followed the directions very carefully, so I don't think I missed a step. If you have tried this and didn't have to fight it the whole time, let me know.

Long story short, this made making the quilt more like work, and not relaxing at all, so I do not recommend it. I now know why I got it so cheap (for so much) on Ebay!