View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM
grammatjr

Originally Posted by Wendy R
My sister gave me my first jelly roll for Christmas this past year. So I thought I would send it back to her for her birthday! LOL This is my first full quilt and I used Kimberley's QAYG method, from the QB. (Thank you Kimberly :))

I had planned to do a rail fence - thought it would be quick and easy and use up this jelly roll that the colors just do not appeal to me. While laying it out on the floor after sewing and cutting all the strips my husband walked in and said "No No No Lets see how it would look this way..." and proceeded to undo what I had laid out and came up with this patterns... Liked it, so did it. ( the layout makes the pink look like a tiered birthday cake ) . Went to Joanns for the backing fabric and we matched the lightest pink and lightest yellow and the brown (the back reminds me of neopolitan icecream.)

So get on you galloping horse and ride fast..... :)

Thanks for all the hints, tips, tutorials - I have been searching the board every step of the way to figure out how to do this.. THANK YOU!!!! Lots of errors but will just keep getting better with practice.
How beautiful! Your sis will love it! Isn't it great when hubby gets involved? It does indeed look like cake. Great job - both of you.