Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by jljack
Wow that cabinet is GONE!!! :shock: Oh well, it's not the cabinet I necessarily need, although it would be nice to find a whole cabinet and Singer irons. But I don't think the brand of irons matter, right? Experts, please let me know if I am right on this. The cabinet would be a problem because of where the hinge attaches, but the irons are universal? Thanks!!
Yes the irons do matter! If they are not for the correct cabinet then the offset will be different for the belt alignment. But if your doing what I did and just mount the treadle under a huge table that you can interchange the machines out then it will not matter.

Bily
Could this be the reason my 66 will not keep a belt on? I wondered if something was missing from the machine, cuz that's where it falls off first...back side of the hand wheel. If I hold my finger there it stays on, but move the finger and the belt slides right off. Maddening. How do I find out the cabinet number and how do I find out if this machine is the right one for the cabinet? If this has been answered please just give me the page number and I'll look it up. Thanks!!!