Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM
miriam
Power Poster

[quote=Miz Johnny]I had to check it out also, and--well, Miriam wins, hands down. NO WAY is my basement that bad!! Even with our foundation issues, it doesn't come close.
I do think it will be a Cute Little House when it's done, though-

The blue house is cute and has a ton of potential. We have debates over how to finish it off but since it is a long time away it doesn't really matter. There is a web site I just love to browse. It is called Retro Renovation. It is about mid century modest homes which is what ours is. The best part is we will have no debt and since we will have new water heater, furnace, refrigerator, etc it will be energy efficient. It has no insulation right now, but it needs to be rewired so we will be doing that too - basically it is a shell... Our helpers are learning a LOT. I have dubbed the basement the chamber of horrors.

The ugly little cottage is mostly ugly on the INSIDE - it is kind of cute outside - well, the front maybe... Someone stole the siding off the back and DH put on what ever he had... It has severe mold problems, bad lay out, very low ceilings, creepy bathroom, creepy utility room, missing kitchen but major HOLES where it once was and so on plus major ceiling cracks. BUT it has 2 nice garages and a shed on almost an acre - outstanding garden plot. I'm hoping one day to turn the ugly little cottage into a studio, a summer kitchen and a spare bedroom - but it is pretty low priority - the money may not hold out anyway.