Thread: Quilting Frames
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 AM
k_jupiter

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
So ... it only takes a few minutes to design and program a robot? And every robot you design works the first time?

See? You have more patience and tolerance of delayed gratification than you give yourself credit for having.
:mrgreen:
Ah... the robots I work with are already designed. I make them work. I look at the big picture of what needs to be accomplished, I design a plan to make that happen, then I wirte the code ( I am a minimalist programmer) and test. It works, or it doesn't. Kind of like building a quilt top. I plan it out, decide on the materials, do the drudge work of washing and ironing, do the cutting and sewing, and then it's done. As I mentioned in another thread, I have 288 half square trianges in the process, so I can do repetive tasks, I just let my mind wander as that 50% of my concentration is sapped by the sewing process. But we are talking days here, not weeks or months.

We all have to know ourselves and figure out what we get out of this advocation we indulge ourselves in. Now back to programming robots. It's what they pay me to do.

tim in san jose